Tuesday, September 12, 2006

woody i love

one of the good things about moving to amsterdam is that, right when i moved here, the movietheater the movies, started showing woody allen movies. one movie per week for 2 months and it's almost like going to church, i go there every week with my buddy tobias. last night we went to see hannah and her sisters. the dosage of woody's neurotics was excellent in this one. he's so recognizable, even though i don't know if that's a good thing or not, but maybe that's one of the reasons i enjoy his movies so much.

some random woody allen quotes i like:

"That was the most fun I've ever had without laughing."
(after having sex with annie hall, annie hall 1977)

"I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable."
(annie hall 1977)

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."

"It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi liefie

laat weer eens iets van je hooren!

miss u!

kusje, jessie

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home