Tuesday, May 31, 2005

people without a clue

today was a living nightmare at work, but you don't know what i do so let me tell you.
my job is actually pretty cool, working in a gigantic bookstore, running the comic department by myself. but unfortunately this gigantic bookstore has the worst routing ever. so basically, all i said today was 'you can pay left of the escalator' and 'the travel section is in the left corner'.
and then there's the customer who thinks he made up the best joke of the century ' uhm, excuse me, i'm looking for.. a book hahaha', well guess what, you were the 1.324th person of the day thinking he's unique.

about a week ago this girl passed my desk saying to her girlfriends 'oooh i totally love books.. no, i don't read them, but they look sooo cool on my shelf' MWOAHAHA that was pretty fun though, so i shouldn't complain, i actually hear people say the dumbest things. i'm trying to come up with more anecdotes but i'm braindead at the moment.

so let's go on with what amazes me today:
tomorrow the dutch people are voting for or against the european constitution. and i believe in voting, i think if you have the opportunity to vote you should go. so i was talking to some guys at school and they were both saying: 'i'm not going to vote, i'm against the referendum' HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE AGAINST A REFERENDUM? the government gives you the opportunity to vote and you can have a tiny bit of influence, and you think 'nah, i'm against that'
i don't get it. well you can guess my amazement, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home