Tuesday, September 20, 2005

the future of blogging

the topic i'm going to write about today has a slightly different feel than my other writings. at hyper we are having project weeks by the name of 'experience technology' and we had a lecture about how new technology will bring new possibilities and so on. the homework we got after this lecture was to write about the future on blogging. so this is what i will do now.

to start of, why for heaven's sake did i myself start a blog?
i started this blog after a day of boring work. my idea was to pay more attention to daily life and start noticing amazing things. this would force me to take a good look around myself and days wouldn't just pass by without notice. so i started this purely for myself, it's such a waste not noticing life and its great things. and every day i tried to write a 'what amazed me today'.
having a blog is the easy part, keeping the blog updated is a whole other story. after a while i stopped writing about amazing things, and after moving to hyper island, sweden, this blog turned into letters to people at home, so they can follow me in my adventures and take a look in my life here.

but what will the future of blogging look like?
so many people write a blog nowadays. about their lives, like a diary, about what drives them, about politics, science, art, animal rights.. basically, anything you can think of, people are writing about it. i think blogging will grow more and more. maybe it will be made easier to post a blog, maybe send in a blog through sms. or does that already exist?

to be completely honest, i don't know what the future will bring. i'm thinking this could be a phase? a hype? by the time the über most cool features, like videoblogging, webcamblogging, voiceblogs, aurablogs etc will make their appearance, people will be bored with blogging, or maybe it won't even be called blogging anymore?

amazing!
how i love candy.

but what amazes me even more:
all this blog spam comment stuff i'm getting all the time, it's pissing me off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think blogging is over-hyped, but is defenitely here to stay. It's everybodies 15 minutes of fame. And it's a place where you can say things like 'referenda zuigen, waarvoor heb je anders een regering!?'... ;-)

10:42 PM  
Blogger iamjoy said...

I NEED TO DEVELOP A BLOGSPAM DEVICE!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home